New Homes for Wembley Park Receive Unanimous Consent
- Brent Council grants unanimous consent for next phase of homes in Wembley Park.
- Construction expected to start in the summer 2014. Homes complete from 2016.
- Follows successful opening of London Designer Outlet which has attracted over 630,000 visitors within just six weeks of opening.
Quintain’s 85-acre Wembley Park regeneration scheme that is transforming the area around Wembley Stadium, is poised to enter its next phase following unanimous planning permission granted on 11 December 2013 by London Borough of Brent for 475 new homes.
Construction is anticipated to begin next summer, with the first homes being completed in 2016.
The new residential development will consist of a series of seven buildings of various heights arranged around an acre of private, landscaped, gardens. [See link below for pictures]. Affordable housing will be part of the development.
The exciting announcement for Wembley Park marks another milestone in the ongoing transformation of the area. It follows the successful opening of the new London Designer Outlet, which brings 70 new shops, 15 new restaurants and a new nine-screen Cineworld complex to the area.
Wembley Park will combine outstanding entertainment, shopping, leisure, new homes and public spaces, creating a new destination for London. Wembley Park is also exceptionally well connected to central London, being just nine minutes from Marylebone and 20 minutes from Bond Street.
Ben Giddens, Development Director, Quintain, said: “The development is gathering pace, and this planning consent moves us another step closer towards Wembley Park being a thriving destination and neighbourhood for all those who visit, live and work in the area.
“The opening of London Designer Outlet – London’s only designer outlet – is already providing significant benefit, attracting over 630,000 visitors since opening. An exciting programme of artisan markets will commence at Wembley Park in early 2014. This will further enhance Wembley Park’s retail and destination offering as well as providing further opportunities for local businesses.“
- END -
Artists impressions of the next phase of homes at Wembley Park
A Computer Generated Image of the artist’s impression of the scheme can be downloaded from here: http://bit.ly/1dtIXeU
About Wembley Park
Wembley Park is the development by Quintain that is transforming the 85-acre (34-hectare) area around Wembley Stadium, bringing new shopping, leisure facilities, homes and public spaces to create a major new destination and neighbourhood for London.
The new neighbourhood will welcome millions of people every year to enjoy world-class entertainment and sporting events and an outstanding retail and leisure offer that together will provide visitors with a day out like no other.
Wembley Park will create thousands of new homes and a new community enjoying Wembley Park’s amenities, tree-lined boulevards, artisan markets and more. The area is being developed in phases, with phase one now complete. Highlights of phase one include:
- A four-star 361 bed Hilton Hotel with a 660-cover ballroom, 10 meeting rooms, Icons Bar, Association restaurant, Sky Bar, gym and pool opened in summer 2012
- The Brent Civic Centre is open and home to over 2,000 employees and facilities including a café, a new library and an events hub that can host up to 1,000 people.
- Completion of the first phase of new homes: Forum House and Quadrant Court, a total of 520 homes of which just under fifty per cent (258 homes) are affordable housing.
- The Apt student accommodation block with 600 shared apartments and studios.
- London Designer Outlet (350,000 sq ft / 30,516 sq m) is the first designer outlet inside the M25 and features 70 aspirational and high street outlet stores, 15 restaurants and cafes and a nine-screen Cineworld complex.
- Wembley Park Boulevard and Arena Square are some of the new public spaces open for visitors and residents to enjoy.
- Wembley Arena and Wembley Stadium continue to attract the best international names in sport, music and entertainment
Wembley Park is extremely well connected with two overland train stations (9 minutes to Marylebone), two tube stations (20 minutes to Bond Street) and excellent road links to motorways including the M1, M40 and M25. There are also over 3000 on-site parking spaces.
About Quintain Estates and Development PLC
www.quintain.co.uk / @QuintainPlc
Quintain is a listed property investment and development company focused on London.
William Kallaway; Jack Hickmott on 020 7221 7883 or email@example.com
- End to All -