The View from The Shard celebrates its 1st birthday with special offers, the release of its first mobile app and VIP party
- The View from The Shard, the visitor attraction at the top of Western Europe’s tallest building, will be celebrating its first birthday (1 February) with a whole week of celebrations from 27 January to 2 February 2014.
- The first 100 guests to visit on each day that week will receive a FREE limited edition photographic print.
- Guests who share The View’s birthday (1 February) will receive FREE admission to the state of the art experience that day (terms and conditions apply).
- The View will also be offering one lucky winner (and guest) the chance to attend its invitation-only VIP birthday party on 4 February, with a special performance from Mutya Keisha Siobhan, DJ set by Rob Da Bank and a bespoke birthday cake created by Frances Quinn, the 2013 winner of BBC series The Great British Bake Off.
- The View from The Shard will also be updating its state-of-the-art interactive telescopes with historic views of the city and releasing its first mobile app, which will enable guests to enjoy the attraction’s unrivalled views in the palms of their hands.
The View from The Shard, the visitor attraction at the top of The Shard, Western Europe’s tallest building, will celebrate its first birthday on 1 February. Spanning Levels 69 – 72 of the building at a maximum height of 800ft/244m, the attraction offers spectacular 360 degree views over London for up to 40 miles. The View will be marking its first year with a series of special offers and activities, including
- Free photo print, Monday 27 January – Sunday 2 February
The first 100 guests to visit on each day during The View’s birthday week will receive a free limited edition photographic print, which can be collected on arrival at the attraction.
- Free entry for guests born on 1 February
People who share The View’s birthday (1 February) will be permitted free entry to the attraction on that day only, subject to availability. Each guest must present photographic ID (passport or driving licence) showing their date of birth as 1 February on arrival to qualify for complimentary access. The offer cannot be booked in advance and can only be redeemed in person on the day.
- VIP birthday party, 4 February
Sponsored by Lanson and Asahi
The View will be hosting an exclusive invitation-only birthday party on the evening of 4 February, featuring a special performance from Mutya Keisha Siobhan, DJ set by Rob Da Bank and a bespoke birthday cake created by Frances Quinn, the 2013 winner of The Great British Bake Off. One lucky winner (and guest), selected through The View from The Shard’s Twitter and Facebook channels, will receive an invitation to attend the party. Follow @shardview on Twitter and www.facebook.com/theviewfromtheshard for more information and a chance to win.
- Shard View mobile app and Tell:scopes
The View will also be releasing its first ever mobile app to mark the occasion. The new Shard View app gives guests the ability to explore the attraction’s unrivalled 360 degree view of London in the palms of their hands, augmented by information about 200 of London’s famous landmarks. The app is free to download, but bonus content can be unlocked by visitors to the attraction. Historic views of the city from the Museum of London’s archives will also be added to the high-tech interactive telescopes in The View, enabling visitors to see how the capital’s architecture has changed over the centuries.
Clive Stephens, CEO of The View from The Shard, commented: “We’re very much looking forward to our first birthday, and hope that many people will join in the celebrations, whether that involves downloading our free app or taking advantage of one of our special offers. We have enjoyed a really successful first year and we look forward to welcoming more guests to the attraction in 2014.”
Notes to editors
1 February birthday offer terms and conditions:
- Free entry to The View from The Shard for any guest who shares our birthday on 1 February
- Each guest must present photo ID showing 1 February as their date of birth to qualify for complimentary access.
- Offer can only be redeemed in person on-the-day (1 February 2014), cannot be booked in advance and is strictly subject to availability
- Offer is subject to The View from The Shard’s standard terms and conditions of entry (available at www.theviewfromtheshard.com)
The View from The Shard
Ruth Howlett or Stacey Wright
020 3102 3973/020 3102 1699
The View from The Shard Picture Library: http://bit.ly/Xi4UVG
General Shard and London Bridge Quarter
Baron Phillips, Baron Phillips Associates: Direct 020 7920 3161, Mobile: 07767 444193, Press Office: 0844 875 1507. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The View from The Shard
The View from The Shard is the new premium attraction at the top of The Shard, London’s newest landmark. The View from the Shard is the highest vantage point from any building in Western Europe and the only place where it is possible to see all of London all at once.
The View from The Shard’s 1st birthday party is supported by Lanson, Asahi, Fisher Productions (AV & lighting), The London Kitchen (catering) and Lavender Green (floristry).
Booking information: Tickets and gift certificates can be booked in advance online at www.theviewfromtheshard.com or via telephone at 0844 499 7111 (booking fee applies for telephone bookings only). Advance tickets are priced at £24.95 for adults or £18.95 for children.
The Shard and London Bridge Quarter
The Shard is the iconic new building at the heart of the London Bridge Quarter - the £2bn regeneration project being developed by Sellar Property in association with LBQ Ltd. The Shard is a vertical town comprising offices, restaurants, the five star Shangri-La hotel, residences, retail and the View From The Shard visitor attraction.
London Bridge Quarter is a catalyst for a wider regeneration of the area In addition to delivering top quality offices in The Shard and The Place, together with restaurants, bars, and a hotel and the development is attracting tourists to a diverse and culturally rich neighbourhood. LBQ is also facilitating a dramatic improvement in the transport infrastructure with major investment in London Bridge Station and a completed new bus station.
- END TO ALL -