CARE2SAVE
PRESS RELEASES


 WEB LINKS
WEBSITE LINK
TWITTER LINK
FACEBOOK LINK
 
 CARE2SAVE


Britain could raise more than 4m for charity this Cyber Monday by using Care2Save

  • £13bn predicted to be spent online this Christmas1 with £281m predicted to be spent on Cyber Monday alone2
  • Care2Save – a website that enables you to donate while you shop online at over 2000 outlets at no further cost to you – calculates fundraising potential of this

More than £281m is predicted to be spent this year on Cyber Monday (1 December) – historically the busiest day of online shopping in the year – and owing to the innovative work of the Care2Save Charitable Trust this means a millions could be raised for charity. Care2Save.co.uk, a website that enables you to donate to charity while you shop online at no extra cost, has established that £4m could potentially be raised for charities if half online shopping on Cyber Monday is through Care2Save.co.uk.

Care2Save is the Charity owned shopping website that gives 100% of the money that it makes directly to the charity sector and does not make a profit. The website already boasts more than 2,000 high street retail partners from Topshop to M&S, 02 to Expedia, offering in excess of 10 million products.

Online spending over the Christmas period is predicted to reach an all time high in 2014 and top £13b, if just 5 percent of this was bought with the Care2Save toolbar installed,  £19.5m could be raised for good causes.

Commission earned from sales is split into two; 80 per cent goes to any registered charity of the shopper’s choice and the remaining 20 per cent goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, all of which goes directly to hospice and palliative care in the UK and globally.

Andrea Fragata Ladeira, CEO, Care2Save: “Christmas shopping is the busiest time for online shopping in the calendar year.  We’d like to encourage consumers to choose to shop via Care2Save, the one stop shop so that they can not only purchase gifts for family and friends, they’ll also be donating money to Hospices across the UK and globally this festive season at no extra effort or cost to themselves.

Every day £1.6m3 is spent on hospice care in the UK so if we can encourage consumers to change their behavior by shopping through Care2Save this Christmas we could go some way to supporting this.” 

Go to www.care2save.co.uk. Shop. Change your world.

Follow @Care2Save and like www.facebook.com/Care2SaveUK

- ENDS -

Notes to Editors
For more information and images, please contact the Care2Save press office on: Telephone: 020 7221 7883 or email care2save@Kallaway.com

About Care2Save
Care2Save is run by independent charity The Care2Save charitable Trust. The idea for Care2Save was born out of the hospice movement and was the brainchild of the fundraising team at St Luke’s Hospice, Winsford, Cheshire who wanted to create a shopping portal that would benefit all the 233 hospices in the UK.

The Care2Save Charitable Trust will use the 20% commission received from purchases to support hospice and palliative care in the UK and globally.

The website works with a host of high street names across every retail sector, with brands including: ao.com, Bench, BHS, Boots, Currys, Debenhams, Disney Store, Dunlem, Early Learning Centre, EE, Expedia, feelunique, Furniture Village, Groupon, Halfords, Hotels.com. House of Fraser, Interflora, Marks and Spencer, O2, Sports Direct, Superdry UK, Tesco, Topshop, The Body Shop, thetrainline, Travelodge, Very.co.uk, Virgin Trains, Waitrose, Wallis and Waterstones.

Every price tag on Care2Save is broken down clearly. For example, you can  use Care2Save to buy your son a Sony PlayStation4 Console (PS4) 500GB, costing £350.00 and Boots will give up to eight per cent commission to charity (£28.00.  Eighty per cent (£22.40) goes to a charity selected of your choice and the remaining 20 per cent (£5.60) goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust to support hospice and palliative care. 

- ENDS ALL -

1 - http://internetretailing.net/2014/08/uk-online-shoppers-set-to-spend-13bn-this-christmas-forecast/

2 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/11217839/Black-Friday-2014-Get-ready-for-the-biggest-online-shopping-day-in-history.html

3 - http://www.helpthehospices.org.uk


 
 
TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2 Portland Road Holland Park London W11 4LA Tel: +44 (0)20 7221 7883